Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dreams...what do they mean?

This is an odd post....events at work last night brought back a random memory of a dream I had a long time ago...how long ago?  I'm not sure, but it was from my bachelor days.  Anyways in my dream I'm driving around down by the beach.  I'm cruising.  Checking out all the girls.  And they are all waving to me!  They all are smiling and I'm smiling back and somehow I realize that I'm driving the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile. 


I'm sure there is some insightful Freudian interpretation to this dream, but I just like it because it is funny.

I had a great one for halloween last year, but I'm not going to write about it because it is already on the web.  Here is a link if you are curious.  http://serialmommy.blogspot.com/2009/11/jasons-halloween-dream.html
It involves zombies and brain eating and retail service, if that makes any sense. 

In general I do not remember my dreams, if I have them, although I'm pretty sure I do.  I've had scary dreams but in general I do not remember them very well. I had one dream in which I lived an entire lifetime in a single night. I only had it once and do not remember any details about it.  I had a dream that convinced me my father was dead.  I woke up crying and I think it took me 5 minutes to realize that it wasn't real. 

I guess I'm curious as to why these particular dreams had such an impact on my concious thought that I remember them at least in part, when I am perfectly capable of going years without having a memerable subconcious thought.  My wife Jamie has particularly vivid dreams and can remember alot of what happened after she wakes up.  I would like to have more insight into my own thoughts, but they seem locked inside. 

1 comment:

  1. Don't even get me started on the WeinerMobile train of though! :-D I totally agree that the dreams that you remember are indeed ODD and ENTERTAINING!

    ReplyDelete